Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 24 October 2011

French Toast and Necterine Slices

- In a sealable plastic bag crush 2 cups Frosties cereal (anysweet cornflakes will do)
- Add to this 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder and pour into a bowl
- Add 1cup vanilla soya milk and whisk into a batter, if too thick add a little more
- Heat a pan with a mix of butter and oil- Dip 1 at a time 6 pieces of wholemeal bread into the batter and fry until golden flipping half way
- Serve with slices of fresh necterine and maple syrup


No comments:

Post a Comment