Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Veggie Tacos

This dish starts with a boring shop bought pack but turns into something much more fun and tasty!

- Prepare the salad with 2 chopped avocados, 4 chopped tomatoes, 3 chopped spring onion, a big bunch of chopped coriander, juice of half a lime, salt and olive oil
- Peel 3 sweet potatoes, chop in rough chunks, place in a roasting dish and then drizzle olive oil over and sprinkle salt and garlic pepper. Roast at 200 degress celsius for 30mins
- Open the Old El Paso Taco kit. Lay the taco shells on a baking tray ready for heating later and pour the salsa in a bowl
- Lay out a handful of grated cheese in another bowl
- Defrost 1 pack soya mince in the microwave for 5mins
- Meanwhile in the food processor blitz - 1 tomato, 1 red pepper, 1 onion, 4 garlic cloves and 2 green chillies- Fry the vegetables in oil until fragrant and add the defrosted soya mince
- Add the spice mix from the kit, some salt and paprika to taste and 3 tbsp water and cook for a further 5 mins
- Put the taco shells in the oven for 3 mins
- Assemble your taco with the soya mince on the bottom of the shell, then a sprinkle of cheese followed by salad and salsa
- Serve with the roasted sweet potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment