Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 18 April 2011

Pad Thai

A very tasty dish if I do say so myself!

- Soak one nest of flat rice noodles in a bowl of boiling water
- Defrost 6 veggie shrimp in the microwave
- Chop 5 garlic cloves, 2 chillies, a knob of ginger, half a green pepper, half a red onion and slice about 6 mushrooms- Fry all of the above for about 8 mins
- Slice and add the defrosted shrimp and cook for 2 mins
- Add a good splash of soya sauce, shaoshing rice wine, a squueze of lime juice and 1 tsp sugar
- Drain and add rice noodles and stire
-Taste for seasoning and sitr in a handful of chopped coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment