Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 11 April 2011

My absolute favourite stirfry

This stirfry is beyond simple but such a tasty quick dinner that I make at least once every couple weeks. Sometimes I had strips of fried mock chicken as well.

- Slice 2 carrots, 1/3 head of brocolli and 6 shitake mushrooms
- Chop 2 cloves garlic and 1 red chilli
- Fry the garlic and chilli in ground nut oil for 2 mins, add the vegetables and 1 tablespoon water
- Stir fry on medium-high heat until the veg is the consistency you enjoy (for me about 5mins cooking does the job)
- Add 3 tbsp veggie oyster sauce and 1 tsp soya sauce, stir for 1 min on high heat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment