Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Mushroom and seitan pasta

A nice hearty winter warmer dinner. It was however 25 degrees celsius when I fancied making this so with the heat in the kitchen and the heat in the pasta I nearly boiled to death!

- Cook 200g brown fusilli pasta in a big pot of boiling salted water with a little oil for 20mins
- Meanwhile chop and fry 1 red onion, 10 mushrooms and 5 garlic cloves until brown and sticky
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, lots of black pepper, 1 tsp dried rosemary and 2 tsp chili flakes
- Add about 20 thin strips of your favourite seitan, I defrost frozen black pepper mock chicken from Veggie World
- Fry for about 10 mins whilst stirring
- Add 1 cup red wine and allow to cook off for 5 mins
- Stir in 2/3 cup low fat crème fraiche and taste/adjust for seasoning
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment