Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 11 April 2011

Chocolate Pie

I made this for my husband on Valentines and it went down very well!!

- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Wipe a little oil around a 10 inch round pie dish with removal base
- In a food processor blitz 12 chocolate digestive biscuits, add 2 tbsp melted butter and 1 tbsp water while it mixes
- Press this into the pie dish and bake for 10mins
- In a small bowl add 1 tbsp agar flakes to 1/3 cup water and stir until dissolved
- In a saucepan mix 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/8 tsp salt. Add 1.5 cups milk and whisk on low heat. Add 1.5 cups more milk and turn the heat to medium, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens and just comes to a boil (10mins)
- Remove from heat, add 2 oz dark chopped chocolate and 2 tsp vanilla extract and stir until the chocolate melts in
- Pour into the crust, leave in the fridge for 3 hours and decorate with a handful of strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment