Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Thai Tofu Curry

I fancied a tasty and spicy but healthy dinner last night and this hit the spot :)

- Fry 2 sliced red onions with 3 chopped cloves garlic in a little oil till slightly brown
- Add 6 sliced white mushrooms and fry till cooked
-Add 1 and a half heaped tbsp of Rendang curry paste (I use this more often then the ready made thai red paste as this often as fish sauce/dried shrimp in it, but any tasty veggie thai flavoured paste would do)
-Drain and press 1 block of firm tofu, cut into small pieces and add to the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Fry for 5mins
- Add 1 tin of coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer until curry reaches your desired consistency. For me about 10mins.
- Add 4 asparagus spears chopped into 2 inch pieces during the last 3mins of cooking.
- Adjust for seasoning and squeeze a little lime juice at the last moment.
Serving options: soup style on its own, with sticky white rice, sprinkled with coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment