Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Friday 28 January 2011

Pineapple Trifle

This is another one of those things I was getting in a grump about, thinking I wouldn't be able to enjoy jelly with my husband but then I came across some great vegetarian jelly in my local Indian market which cheered me right up!

- Make up 2 packets of vegetarian pineapple jelly in a big glass bowl
- Add 1 tin of pineapple pieces to this, stir and leave in the fridge overnight to set
- On top of the jelly, pour 2 tins Ambrosia custard and smooth the surface with a palette knife
- Whip a large pot of double cream with 5 tbsp icing sugar and 3 tbsp Malibu rum (or more if you're feeling boozy!)
- Pour this on top of the custard and smooth the surface
- Top with a handful of toasted flaked almonds




No comments:

Post a Comment